The following are links to resources schools may consider using when designing the school's education plan for athletes and their parents on the signs and symptoms of concussion and return to play requirements.
Concussion Education Resources
Following are some additional concussion educational resources and informational items:
- CDC Heads Up Program
- NFHS Parents' Guide To Concussions
- Connecticut Commission on Children
Task Force on Youth Athletics and Concussions Homepage
- Brain Injury Alliance of CT
- RIO Injury Reporting
Concussion Education Courses
Connecticut has among the most stringent requirements in the country regarding concussion training for coaches. Coaches must take and pass a three-hour concussion education course in order to earn a coaching permit.
- CCEP Concussion Education Course InformationInitial and refresher courses need to satisfy state requirements for concussion education necessary to earn and maintain a coaching permit
- CSDE/CIAC Coaches Annual ReviewAnnual Review approved supplemental material
- Connecticut Concussion Task Force Video
- NFHS Concussion In Sports CourseExcellent information for parents and students but does not satisfy the Connecticut state concussion education module requirement for coaches
- CDC Coaches Online Concussion Course